Seafarers International Relief Fund has launched a fundraising campaign, show your support with a donation!
Seafarers International Relief Fund
Raised so far
Total raised to-date: $1,181,090 ($ amount updated daily by 4pm)
The COVID-19 crisis in India is already out of control and as the pandemic continues to increase in ferocity, seafarers and their families are in desperate need of our collective help.
We urgently call on the industry to contribute to this Fund and help seafarers and their families affected by COVID-19 across India.
The Seafarers International Relief Fund has been established to create a central Fund to respond to the increasing and desperate needs of seafarers resulting from the pandemic.
We believe that practical and emotional welfare support will be needed in many guises and want to respond to the many varied requests we receive. We have reached out to better understand the need by way of discussions with our teams on the ground in India and through surveys with key stakeholders.
We believe this situation will go on for many months and thus the Fund aims to be responsive as possible to the needs of Indian seafarers and their families. As the virus mutates, we recognize that there will be new outbreaks, with new needs across the world, and this Fund will be responsive to the needs of seafarers wherever they are in the world, in line with the international remits of the charities involved.
This Emergency Appeal is being coordinated by The Seafarers’ Charity and is supported by The Mission to Seafarers, Stella Maris, ISWAN, Sailors’ Society, ICMA and other charities, working alongside all key industry players who will make a difference to support Indian seafarers and their families. Funds raised will be distributed to the supporting charities.
The Fund will be administered and overseen at no cost by The Seafarers’ Charity (formerly Seafarers UK), a grant funder which has embedded and well-established governance mechanisms and processes for monitoring and evaluation to ensure efficiency and transparency. All donors will receive a copy of the impact report produced at the end of the year to show where the funds have been spent.
To make a donation
Please see below details on how you could make a donation to support The Seafarers International Relief Fund and provide emergency support for seafarers and their families at this time of crisis.
By Bank Transfer
Account Name: The Seafarers' Charity (Formerly Seafarers UK - KGFS)
Reference: Seafarers International Relief Fund (SIRF)
City of London Office
Sort Code: 60 00 01
Account No: 00 77 31 23
To make a donation by phone, please call 020 7932 0000, quoting 'Seafarers International Relief Fund'.
You can also make a donation online, by using the Donate button on the right-hand side of this page (online donations carry platform charges).
We would like to acknowledge those supporters who have made a significant contribution to the Relief Fund:
- Anand Harma (Anglo Eastern)
- Anglo-Eastern Ship Management Limited
- Anthony Gurnee (Ardmore)
- Baltic Exchange Charitable Foundation
- The Bryan Guinness Charitable Trust
- Bureau Veritas Marine & Offshore
- Campbell Shipping Company Ltd
- Chellaram Shipping (Hong Kong) Ltd
- The Clarkson Foundation
- Cremers Pierre Jean Bartholomei
- Cremers Pierre Jean Bartholomei (Anglo Eastern)
- Damico Ship Ishima India Ltd
- Danish Shipping
- Dashwood Bre&P
- DVB Bank SE London Branch
- EastPort Shipping PTE Ltd
- FedNav Ltd
- Gaslog LNG Services Ltd
- Gernot Ruppelt (Ardmore)
- Glander International Bunkering
- Halcyon Recruitment
- Hansa Tankers Management AS
- Hong Kong Seafarers Mutual Assistance Fund (HKSMA)
- Khoo Boon Lee
- Koo Kou Ming Charitable Foundation
- Liberian Shipowners Council Ltd
- Maritime Partners Services LLC
- Mark Cameron (Ardmore)
- Mats Berglund (Pacific Basin)
- Mr Hojgaard Jan Bjorn
- Mr Hojgaard Jan Bjorn (Anglo Eastern)
- NEPIA, North of England P&I Association Ltd
- Northern Shipping Fund Management LLC
- Norwest Navigation SCS
- Pacific Basin Shipping Ltd (HK) Ltd
- Paul Tivnan (Ardmore)
- Pringle Moriarity & Co - AMWS
- Rightship UK Limited
- Seaspan Ship Management Ltd
- SMT Insurance Company Ltd
- SMT Shipping (Cyprus) Ltd
- The Trust Company of the Marshall Islands INC
- Thome Group
- TK Foundation
- V Group
- Vantage Shipbrokers PTE Ltd
- Vertom UCS Holding
- Veson Nautical Lim
- VideoTel Marine in Ocean Tech
For more info about donating to the Fund, contact Keziah Cunningham, The Seafarers’ Charity, email@example.com.
For more information about grant making, contact Deborah Layde, The Seafarers’ Charity, firstname.lastname@example.org.